Fire Service Certification Council
The governing body for the firefighter certification system in the state of Utah is the Utah Fire Service Certification Council (UFSCC). The twelve member council are selected from the fire service of Utah and appointed by the director of the Utah Fire and Rescue Academy for a three-year term. The Council shall be made up of users of the system representing both paid and volunteer departments or agencies, members with special expertise areas and members from various geographical locations in the state.
The purpose of the Utah Fire Service Certification Council is to:
- Establish uniform minimum standards for firefighter certification.
- Ensure quality and uniformity in the certification system.
- Make all testing and certifying services available to all firefighters or participants without regard to race, creed or ethnic origin.
- Establish written and manipulative skill examination procedures to determine whether a firefighter or participant meets the minimum standards as set forth by the Council.
- Certify Firefighters or Participants.
- Review appeals.
- Revoke, suspend, annul or deny certification.
- Issue certificates to firefighters or participants who presents evidence that the minimum Utah standards established by the Council have been met.
The Utah Fire Service Certification Council meets every other month at various locations throughout the state. All Council meetings begin at 10:00 a.m., and are open to the public. If you would like to be on the agenda please contact the Certification Program Manager 30 days in advance and request to be on the agenda. (Meetings are subject to change.)
2019 Meeting Schedule
The Utah Fire Service Certification Council will be meeting on the following dates during the 2019 calendar year. Meetings are tentative and subject to change. All meetings are held at UFRA and scheduled for 10:00 AM unless otherwise noted.
- Wednesday, January 16
- Wednesday, March 20
- Wednesday, May 15
- Wednesday, July 17th
- Wednesday, September 18 – Moab, UT
- Wednesday, November 13th