Licensing and Certification
The Office of the State Fire Marshal offers company licenses and operator licenses or certifications. Information on company or operator certifications can be found on the specific TABS above.
To be qualified to take the test, complete the following steps:
- Be associated with a licensed company
- Call to schedule your test (expect 2-3 week wait)
- Obtain a copy of your background check and bring it with you at the time of testing
– in person or by mail BCIs are available here (see Application for Criminal History)
– BCIs can take up to 10 days, please plan accordingly.
For more information and to schedule your test, call our main office at: 801-256-2390.
The following licences require a background check (BCI). Bring your BCI to your testing appointment.
Portable Fire Extinguisher, Fire Suppression Systems or Kitchen Exhaust Duct Cleaning: Jon Ritchie, email@example.com
Fire Alarm Systems: Deanne Mousley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fire Sprinkler Systems: Kelly Snow, email@example.com
The following licences do not require background check information:
Fireworks-related and Flame Effects (including performer) certifications:
Sheri Stevens, firstname.lastname@example.org