For up-to-date wildfire information, visit: https://utahfireinfo.gov/
Safety tips from the National Council on Fireworks Safety
- Use fireworks outdoors only.
- Obey local laws. If fireworks are not legal where you live, do not use them!
- Always have water handy (a hose or buckets of water).
- Only use fireworks as intended. DO NOT try to alter them or combine them.
- Never re-light a “dud” firework (wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water).
- Use common sense when using fireworks. Spectators should keep a safe distance from the fireworks. The person lighting the fireworks should wear safety glasses.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix! Have a “designated” person light fireworks.
- Only persons over age 12 should be allowed to handle sparklers of any type.
- DO NOT ever use homemade fireworks or illegal explosives; they can kill! Report illegal explosives to the fire or police department in your community.
Check for local restrictions before lighting fireworks. (see information below)
The Department of Public Safety fireworks safety video:
Utah Fireworks Restrictions Map
2023 Local Restricted and Non-restricted Areas
For additional information, please follow the links below:
FOR FIRE DEPARTMENTS:
Outdoor Fireworks Display Examination for Firefighters – Please contact Venice Nia Kekauoha at 801-386-0570 or email@example.com