When to Contact The Utah Fire Marshal’s Office:
- Certification or Licensing: LPG, Extinguishers, Fire-Safe Cigarettes, Fireworks/Flame Effects, & Fire Suppression Systems.
- Plan Review Information (State-owned buildings: K-12 schools; charter schools; state funded universities and colleges; hospitals; nursing homes; assisted living facilities; memory care facilities; jails and prisons; etc).
- GRAMA requests.
- Arson Investigation Support for Fire Departments
- Public Education Support/Juvenile Firesetter Support/Fire Corps
- HAZ-MAT support & training, including blasting permits.
When to Contact Your Local Fire Department:
- Fire or Emergency (call 9-1-1).
- Residential code questions.
- Business concerns/questions.
- Fire station visits.
- School safety programs.
Main Office Number: 801-256-2390
Fax Number: 801-256-2386
Hover over the name to see the address or right-click to copy.
Ted Black – State Fire Marshal – 801-602-7406
Jon Ritchie – Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal – 801-864-3553
Jana DeMille – Administrative Assistant – 801-256-2384
Annette Garcia – Office Specialist II – 801-256-2372
Venice Nia Kekauoha – Fireworks and UFIRS/NFIRS – 801-386-0570
Kelly G. Snow – Fire Protection Engineer – Automatic Fire Sprinkler Systems – 801-554-5942
Shane Cook – Fire Protection Engineer -General Building Plan Examination – 801-702-7749
Jim Barnett – Fire Protection Engineer – Fire Alarm Systems – 385-434-4585
Sheri Stevens – Fire Protection Engineer – Plans Examination – 385-249-8415
Fire Prevention Education
Andrew McCormick – Public Education Specialist – 801-702-7748
Fire Prevention / Fire Investigation
Shane Maughan Section Manager- 801-783-6579 – Box Elder, Cache, Logan, Rich and Weber
Steven Higley – 801-726-1089 – Davis, Tooele, Tintic Districts
Cory Feese – 801-419-9392 Murray School District, Canyons School District, Jordan School District
Ryan Putman – 801-440-7696 – Ogden School District, Morgan, North and South Summit, Park City School District, Wasatch, Duchesne, Uintah, Daggett, and Carbon, & HAZMAT Drone Pilot.
Chris Hendrickson – 385-302-5411 – Alpine School District and Provo School District.
Rohn Peterson – 801-608-5974 – Nebo, Juab, North & South Sanpete, Emery, Sevier, Wayne, Piute, Millard, Grand, and San Juan Districts
Vacant – – Granite and Salt Lake School Districts
Vacant – – Beaver, Iron, Garfield, Washington, and Kane
Art Deyo – Section Manager, Hazardous Materials Trainer – 801-618-9277
Richard Moseley – Hazardous Materials Trainer – 801-696-8511
Wade Francis – Hazardous Materials Trainer – 801-834-1271
LP Gas / Fire Extinguishers / Hood Systems / Fire Safe Cigarettes
Boyd Cook – Section Manager, LP Gas – 801-580-3443
Justin Cheever – LP Gas – 385-831-5979
Keith Claybaker – LP Gas – 385-296-6447
Russ Sneddon – Fire Safe Cigarette / Fire Extinguishers /Fire -Suppression/ Kitchen Hood Systems – 385-434-9609