When to Contact The Utah Fire Marshal’s Office:
- Certification or Licensing: LPG, Extinguishers, Fire-Safe Cigarettes, Fireworks/Flame Effects, & Fire Suppression Systems.
- Plan Review Information (State-owned buildings: K-12 schools; charter schools; state funded universities and colleges; hospitals; nursing homes; assisted living facilities; memory care facilities; jails and prisons; etc.
- GRAMA requests.
- Arson Investigation Support for Fire Departments
- Public Education Support/Juvenile Firesetter Support/Fire Corps
- HAZ-MAT support & training, including blasting permits.
When to Contact Your Local Fire Department:
- Fire or Emergency (call 9-1-1).
- Residential code questions.
- Business concerns/questions.
- Fire station visits.
- School safety programs.
Main Office Number: 801-256-2390
Fax Number: 801-256-2386
Hover over the name to see the address or right-click to copy.
Coy Porter – State Fire Marshal – 801-256-2383
Ted Black – Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal – 801-256-2380
Jana DeMille – Administrative Assistant – 801-256-2384
Annette Garcia – Office Specialist II – 801-256-2372
Diane Shipp – Office Specialist I – 801-256-2382
Automatic Fire Sprinkler Systems & Fire Alarm Systems
Kelly G. Snow – Fire Protection Engineer – 801-256-2365
Shane Cook – Fire Protection Engineer – 801-256-2379
Andrew McCormick – Public Education Specialist – 801-256-2370
Fire Prevention / Fire Investigation
Todd Hohbein – Section Manager, Fire Prevention & Fire Investigation – 435-236-5875 – Beaver, Iron, Garfield, Washington, and Kane
Steven Higley – Fire Prevention & Investigation – 801-726-1089 – Davis, Tooele, Tintic
Shane Maughan – Fire Prevention & Investigation – 801-783-6579 – Box Elder, Cache, Logan, Rich and Weber
Cory Feese – Fire Prevention & Fire Investigation 801-419-9392 – Murray School District, Canyons School District, Jordan School District
Ryan Putman – Fire Prevention & Fire Investigation – 801-440-7696 – Ogden School District, Morgan, North and South Summit, Park City School District, Wasatch, Duchesne, Uintah, Daggett, and Carbon, HAZMAT Drone Pilot.
Chris Hendrickson – Fire Prevention & Fire Investigation – 385-302-5411 – Alpine School District, Provo School District.
Art Deyo – Section Manager, Hazardous Materials Trainer – 801-618-9277
Richard Moseley – Hazardous Materials Trainer – 801-696-8511
Wade Francis – Hazardous Materials Trainer – 801-834-1271
Cami Carter – Hazardous Materials Trainer – 385-229-0512
LP Gas / Fire Extinguishers / Hood Systems / Fire Safe Cigarettes / Fireworks / Utah Fire Incident Reporting System
Sheri Stevens – Fireworks and UFIRS/NFIRS – 385-249-8415
Boyd Cook – Section Manager, LP Gas – 801-580-3443
Justin Cheever – LP Gas – 385-831-5979
Jon Ritchie – Fire Safe Cigarette / Fire Extinguishers /Fire -Suppression/ Kitchen Hood Systems – 801-256-2377