The Hazard House fits on a table, can be run by one person, and helps to teach various fire safety, fire prevention and injury prevention topics. Hazard Houses are equipped to teach:
- Residential fire sprinklers;
- Kitchen fire prevention and safety with the use of a stove, pan, fire extinguisher and pictures;
- Match, lighter, and candle safety;
- Injury prevention including burns, poison, falls, electrocution and firearm safety;
- Fireplace safety, including the chimney;
- Alarms – carbon monoxide and smoke alarms;
- General fire safety of the garage, heating room, laundry, attic, bathroom, etc.
The presentation can take between 10 and 30 minutes depending on student needs.